Here's a chronological resume sample for a Public Librarian. Notice how this one-page resume presents more than 20 years of experience in the public library system. Because her education was so relevant to her career, Martha placed "M.L.S." (Master of Library Science) next to her name in the heading and also highlighted her academic achievements by placing her Education section near the top of the page.
Two Formats for This Chronological Resume for a Public Librarian
Below, you'll see two formats of the same resume for a Public Librarian: image file and web format.
Resume Image File
This resume image file shows the design elements (such as indents, bold, horizontal lines, and font) of the resume that was sent to the employer. On some devices the words may be too small to read. If that's true for you, please move on to the web format below.
Resume Web Format
Here's the web format of the same resume. Web format means that the resume format is created using the tools for creating a website page, in this case, WordPress. The web format makes the resume contents easier to read on our website, especially on small screens such as a phone or tablet.
Martha Iplknb, M.L.S.
1996 Morningside Street • Tulsa, OK 12345 • 123-555-5555 • [email protected]
20+ years in public libraries as a highly experienced cataloger and knowledgeable reference librarian
- Managed and oversaw technical services library operations and technical services staff.
- Delivered library reference, research support, and instructional services.
- Commendable knowledge of Polaris and Sirsi/Dynix integrated library systems.
- Excellent public relations skills; work well with patrons, co-workers, library system personnel, and catalogers in the Tulsa County Library System.
M.A. In History, 1976
Langston University, Langston, OK
RDA Cataloging Seminar (Minitex)
RDA Webinar (Massachusetts Library Commission)
Genealogy Workshops (State Historical Society of Oklahoma)
TULSA COMMUNITY LIBRARY, Tulsa, OK 1996-2016
Technical Services Manager
- Effectively managed the introduction of an RFID system: developed training manual, trained personnel, successfully completed the project.
- Performed cataloging training of Tulsa County catalogers for the Tulsa County Library System.
- Developed a restructuring plan for the Adult Nonfiction area. Encouraged staff input and problem-solving in the creation of a hybrid BISAC approach for Adult Nonfiction materials.
- Proven collection development abilities in the areas of Adult Fiction, AV, and eReader content.
MAIN STREET PUBLIC LIBRARY, Oklahoma City, OK 1985-1994
Adult Services Librarian and ILL Coordinator
- Managed ILL services and coordinated service to six county libraries and the local community.
- Demonstrated the ability to provide excellent reference and reader’s advisory services to local patrons and ILL referrals.
EDMOND PUBLIC LIBRARY, Edmond, OK 1978-1984
- Significantly increased library use through Adult and Children’s programming.
- Improved communication and public relations between the library and the community.
- Initiated the development of Friends of the Edmond Library.
TULSA HISTORICAL SOCIETY/RED BRICK MUSEUM 2016-present
- Wrote and presented a successful proposal to create an online catalog of museum print materials through the use of LibraryThing.
- Successfully advocated for collaboration between the museum and the Tulsa Community Library to participate in the I Remember Oklahoma digital project.
About This Resume Sample
This and many of the other resume examples on this site were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder. After using the resume builder, the job seeker sent the resume to be reviewed by a member of Susan Ireland's Resume Team.