Here's a chronological resume sample for a Director of Workforce Development at the Townsend Economic Development Corporation. It's unusual to have a resume that's more than three pages long, but in Jacob's case, it is fitting. He is applying for a high-level job and has a very long and impressive career history.
Want to see the cover letter Jacob wrote to go along with this resume? See Cover Letter Sample: Director of Workforce Development
Two Formats for This Resume for a Director of Workforce Development
On this page, you'll see two formats of the same resume for a Director of Workforce Development: image file and web format.
Resume Image File
This resume image file shows the design elements (such as indents, bold, horizontal lines, and font) of the resume that was sent to the employer. On some devices the words may be too small to read. If that's true for you, please move on to the web format below.
Resume Web Format
Here's the web format of the same resume. Web format means that the resume format is created using the tools for creating a website page, in this case, WordPress. The web format makes the resume contents easier to read on our website, especially on small screens such as a phone or tablet.
189 Westfield Rd., Salem, Oregon 12345, (123) 555-5555, [email protected]
Director of Workforce Development, Townsend Economic Development Corporation
- 20+ years of outstanding success in workforce development and human resources.
- Strong public relations background at the highest level. Decorated former U.S. Air Force Thunderbird team member; worked with government, private and public sectors.
- Successful leader with ability to form strong relationships with private sector and elected officials. Collaborated with foreign officials to train French mining inspectors.
- Respected and effective communicator. Developed written reports and delivered successful presentations to 4-star generals, members of Congress, and the public.
- Experienced in program development, coordination and implementation, including the benchmark Leadership Academy for Veteran’s Administration.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Masters of Art in Organizational Leadership, 2010, Everest College, Portland, OR
Bachelor of Science, Management, 2000, Boston College, Boston, MA
Associate of Science, Educational & Instructional Technology, 1992, Community College of the Air Force, Jackson AFB, Jackson, MS
Certified Coach/Mentor Instructor
Certified Education and Training Director
Leadership: Skilled and successful leader who can motivate toward a common goal and develop leadership potential of others.
Public speaking: Charismatic public speaker, able to tailor approach to meet needs of specific audiences.
Change management: Expert at moving groups/individuals from known to unknown.
Labor negotiation: Skilled at bringing tense situations to collaboration and consensus.
Program and curriculum development: Success in cradle-to-grave management, including program inspection and evaluation.
Budget: Versed in budget development, execution and management.
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT (BLM), Portland, OR, 2014-present
National Director, Employee Development and Training
- Led a meeting with the U.S. Head Geologist and the French Minister of Mines to propose a workforce training partnership.
- Presented U.S. mining policies and training requirements to French delegation.
- French government chose U.S. partnership over Japan; training started in 2014.
- Initiated collaboration between the Public Land Foundation (retired BLM workers) and BLM Executive Leadership for mentor program to build new employee commitment.
- Paired new BLM employees with experienced volunteer retirees.
- In its first year (2015), program filled to maximum capacity with a waiting list of employees to be matched with mentors.
- Brokered a win-win partnership with Portland Community College (PCC) concerning BLM petroleum technicians.
- PCC gained additional student base by developing a degree program that fulfills BLM requirements.
- BLM gained fully trained recruiting pool free of charge.
VETERAN’S HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (VHA), 2007-2014
Director of Workforce Development, Albany, NY, 2012-2014 (Promotion)
- Developed new organizational structure; led consolidation of seven regional departments into one team under one leader and vision. Increased quality and production; reduced staff by 38%. Six months post-climate assessment showed 90% staff approval rate.
- Chaired Central Business Office (CBO) Learning and Growth strategic planning team. Developed shared vision statement, short- and long-term goals of employee engagement, employee innovation and interdepartmental integration. First plan of its kind in CBO history.
- Member of the VHA Executive National Learning Organization (LO) Transition Committee.
- As Chair of Policy Sub-Committee, developed policy for all LO operations.
- Provided guidelines for becoming a true learning organization; 200% increase in LO initiatives.
Chief Learning Officer, Northeast Region, Arlington, VA, 2009-2012 (Promotion)
- Designed region’s leadership program based on Robert Greenleaf’s Servant Leadership.
- Developed, implemented and managed entire program.
- Benchmarked as best leadership program in VHA.
- Developed, implemented and managed a coach/mentor program.
- Benchmarked in VHA and earned the 2010 Northeast Prism Award from the International Coaching Federation as best Government/Nonprofit program.
- First VHA region to ever be nominated, let alone win the award.
- Highly respected leader, detailed into vacant VP of Human Resources position. Work did not skip a beat and performance lauded by facility HR managers and executive leadership.
Education and Training Officer, Greenville, NC, 2007-2009
- Instituted collaborative “Career Development Week” between VHA and city of Greenville. Coordinated for local high school juniors and seniors to attend and learn about career opportunities at the VHA Greenville. High School shadowing requests increased 500%.
- Created and administered skills and needs assessment.
- Produced much-needed list of missing skill sets.
- Results: 300% increase in training requests and more effective education plan.
U.S. AIR FORCE, Estes AFB, CO, 2004-2007
Base Education Services Officer
- Base representative for congressional Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) initiative.
- Collected and interpreted data for base and local public education districts.
- Presented results to base leadership for local legislation.
- Results: No reduction in services for military and local public school students.
- Planned and coordinated base-combined-college graduation ceremony.
- Over 200 military personnel received college degrees, AS to MS degrees.
- Garnered support from the Denver Broncos to provide keynote speaker.
- Ceremony benchmarked by Air Mobility Command.
U.S. AIR FORCE, McCarry AFB, WA, 2000-2004
Superintendent, Command Workforce Development
- Led education and training portion of the largest human resources reorganization in Air Force history. Redesigned processes and procedures; overhauled education and training structure to meet congressional mandates. Benchmarked and implemented Air Force–wide.
Air Force Instructor Course Federal Labor Relations for Managers
Creating a Shared Vision Greenleaf Institute Servant Leadership
Crucial Conversations DiSC Leadership Program Manager/Administrator
Executive Action Officer Course John Kotter 8 Step Change Model
Senior Leadership Academy Kouzes and Posner’s Leadership Challenge
Instructional Systems Design
RELEVANT HONORS AND AWARDS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal – 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal – 3 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal – 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Senior Non Commissioned Officer of the Year – 2 times
Air Force Non Commissioned Officer of the Year – 2 times
Air Force Training and Education Program Director of the Year – 5 times
Veteran’s Health Administration Special Contribution Award
Veteran’s Health Administration Performance Award – 5 times
Southeast Coaching Association Prism Award for Coaching and Mentoring
Youth Football/Baseball Coach
Special Olympics Coach and Volunteer
About This Resume Sample
This and many of the other resume examples on this site were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder. After using the resume builder, the job seeker sent the resume to be reviewed by a member of Susan Ireland's Resume Team.