Sample Resume for a job as Public Policy and Economic Analyst:
This job seeker has done some job hopping, mostly while attending college; however, his most recent employment stint of nine years stabilizes his work history and positions him to advance his career. He used his professional title near the top of his resume instead of a job objective statement. Chronological resume. Plain Text version of this resume for posting online.
This resume was written or critiqued by a member of Susan Ireland's Resume Team. The job seeker agreed to allow us to make his or her resume anonymous and to post it on this website.
123 Fourth Street, Apt. 10
Baltimore, MD 12345
Public Policy and Economic Analyst
* Communicate complex material in a clear and simplified manner.
* Analyze and develop options expediently.
* Understand the functionality of technical systems, including telecommunications.
* Facilitate interdisciplinary team endeavors.
1997-pres., Public Utilities Regulatory Analyst
MARYLAND PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION, Baltimore, MD
* Provide economic and technical expertise to commissioners and judges, and ensure compliance with the commission's decisions.
* One of four analysts currently developing policies and rules for local exchange competition in telecommunications.
* Developed options for restructuring the local switch transport market and analyzed their economic impacts.
* One of two analysts who calculated rates for Bell Telephone in Phase III of NRF, IRD.
* Lead technical analyst in the restructuring of Maryland gas industry through a capacity brokering program.
1996-1997, Associate/Economic Consultant
ICF RESOURCES, Fairfax, VA
* Served as economic consultant to corporations, utilities, and government agencies in the energy industry.
* Analyzed railroad behavior and investment patterns to develop an index of railrates for coal transportation.
* Provided analysis in fuel procurement negotiations for several major utilities.
Concurrent with Education:
Fall '00, Teaching Assistant, Mathematics
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, Greenbelt, MD
Fall '99, Project Consultant
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION OF BALTIMORE, Baltimore, MD
Summer '99, Research Assistant
ARGONNE NATIONAL LABORATORIES, Bethesda, MD
MA, Public Policy, 2001, University of Maryland, Greenbelt, MD
BA, Economics, minor in Mathematics, 1999, University of Maryland, Greenbelt, MD