This resume handles a few tough problems: job hopping and self-employment while the applicant was earning his MBA. He disguised his self-employment by using business job titles instead of "owner," and he beefed up his accomplishment statements with quantifiable results to show that he gets a lot done in a short period of time. Note how he presented his promotions on page two.
Sample Resume for Investment Banking with a Focus on Financial Modeling and Valuation
This and other resume examples in this collection were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of Kramer's resume.
123 Seventh Avenue
Poplar Bluff, MO 12345
A position in Investment Banking, with a focus on financial modeling and valuation
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Six years' experience in operational and financial analysis, with particular skill in analyzing companies on a functional and quantitative basis and recommending process improvements that further the bottom line.
* In-depth knowledge of financial and valuation modeling to develop trend analysis across multiple industries.
* Skilled in working effectively with diverse groups at all organizational levels to achieve common objectives.
2004-pres., FINANCIAL SERVICES, LLC, Poplar Bluff, MO
Manager, Business Advisory Services Consulting Group
* Conducted extensive financial benchmarking and trend analysis of current audit clients.
* Assessed operational and business strategies of clients and prospects, including working capital analysis and process improvements that streamline workflow, improve operational efficiency and increase financial performance.
* Developed cost management analysis, activity-based costing and standardizing costs for a $200M painting manufacturer.
* Performed business assessment of core functional processes for an Investment Bank/Venture Capital firm, a shoe manufacturer and a freight forwarder; analyzed and matched software to meet each company's requirements.
2002-03, TEXTILE ONLINE MARKETS, INC., Poplar Bluff, MO
Internet Business-to-Business Textile Marketplace
* Developed a complex, innovative business model to offer Inventory Management, Capacity Management, Factoring and Contract Building to the global textile industry.
* Created five-year Pro-Forma financials and capitalization/valuation structure.
* Directed Angel and Venture Capital financing initiatives and presentations, secured initial capitalization of $75K.
* Hired a 30-year veteran of Clothing Brothers Industries as CEO. Recruited industry experts to serve as board members and advisors, including a former CEO of High-End Clothiers and a former president of National Jeans.
* Spearheaded business development opportunities and strategic partnerships with logistical, financial and value-added service vendors.
2002, STRATEGIC DATA CORPORATION, Independence, MO
Internet-based multimedia and data transport
Independent Strategy Consultant
* Performed strategic analysis to determine core competencies of company. Reported findings to senior executives.
* Developed accurate financial and operational analysis and valuation of each of five business units.
* Presented recommendations to leverage products in core competency areas, improve operations and increase revenues.
1998-01, BANKERS TRUST COMPANY, Independence, MO
Regional Trust Bank
Personal Trust Operations Supervisor, 2000-01
* Supervised cash management, trading, risk management and accounting operations for 500 personal trust accounts comprising over $150M in assets.
* Served as primary operations relationship manager for client banks to ensure proper delivery of services and excellent client satisfaction.
* Directed eight-member team dedicated to servicing selected accounts. Compiled quarterly management reports on team quality control and service delivery.
Trading and Personal Trust Operations Associate, 1998-00
* Led cost analysis project to implement imaging system to store over 25,000 client files.
* Allocated and reconciled $500M in investments to accounts on a monthly basis.
* Nominated Employee of the Year, 1999.
* Master of International Management (International MBA), 2003
Thunderbird, The American Graduate School of International Management, Glendale, AZ
Financial Statement Analysis, Advanced Corporate Financial Reporting, Valuation of a Firm, International Treasury Management, Business Strategy, Negotiation and Bargaining.
Semester abroad program, Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
* Bachelor of Arts, History, 1998
The University of the South, Sewanee, TN
Semester abroad program, Oxford University, Oxford, England