Most resume websites allow you to submit a cover note along with your resume. Some sites limit the length of the note you enter; others allow you to send a message as long as you want.
Here are the steps for crafting your website cover note:
- Address it Dear Recruiter: or Dear Manager, or similar salutation.
- Briefly state why you are a good fit for the job.
- Incorporate any relevant keywords in your note that you didn't put in your resume.
- Supply your contact information (address, phone number, etc.).
- Close with "Thank you" followed by "Regards," or another appropriate signoff, followed by your full name on the next line.
Take a look at these sample website cover letters, one for a company recruting webpage and another for a big job board.