How should you list your bachelor's degree on your resume? It depends on what your job objective is, what your degree is in, when you got it, and where you got it. Take a look at the following sample Education sections to see how others highlighted their college degrees.
Tips for Listing a Bachelor's Degree on Your Resume
In addition to my advice in Listing Education on Your Resume, here are some tips for putting your bachelor's degree on your resume.
- You can spell out your degree (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) or use initials (BA or BS).
- If you spell it out, you can add your major using a preposition like this: "Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration" or you can use a comma like this: "Bachelor of Science, Biology."
- If you use initials, you can put periods after each letter (B.A. or B.S.) or write it without periods (BA or BS).
- Listing your major (for example, Marketing or Finance) is optional. Include it if it supports the job objective on your resume. If it doesn't support your objective, it's okay not to list the major. (For example, BA, University of Maine.)
- You can list your degree first and then the school where you earned it, or vice versa. Most people list the degree first; however, you may have a reason to list the school first—for example, if the school is very prestigious.
- List your GPA only if it's impressive.
- Include scholarships, honors, and awards, especially if they are relevant and impressive.
- Internships can be included in the Education section as a subsection under your degree, or they can be listed in your Experience section as a job, or they can be listed in both the Education and Experience sections.
You might also like:
43 Examples of Resume Education Sections with Bachelor Degrees
The following examples of Education sections with bachelor degrees are excerpts from 43 resumes in my collection of sample resumes. I have posted the sections here as images so the formatting stays intact.
Because each of the following examples is taken from a different resume sample, the fonts, size, margins, and overall look and feel vary, one from the other. To enlarge a section, just click on the image.
Bachelor Degrees in Business
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare
Bachelor Degrees in the Humanities
Bachelor Degrees in Marketing
Bachelor Degrees in Public Affairs
Bachelor Degrees in Technical Fields
Bachelor Degrees with No Major Listed
Here are several Education sections that do not list a major after the bachelor's degree. In each case, the major would have detracted from the focus of the resume because it was not relevant to the job objective.