This resume for a mother re-entering the workforce shows that she is a dynamic woman who has done volunteer work concurrent with attaining a teaching credential, which she'll need for her new career. Although she is technically unemployed, she looks far from unoccupied. Chronological resume (sort of a mini CV for academic purposes).
Sample Resume for a College Teacher
This and other resume examples in this collection were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of Hannah's resume.
15 Riverside Drive
New York, New York 12345
JOB OBJECTIVE: Teacher, Fulbright Commission in Milan, Italy
Subjects: English, Art, Literature, Social Sciences
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Five years of teaching experience, students K-12 and adults.
- Eighteen years working in international/multicultural environments as a teacher, scholar, or professional international liaison.
- Particular strength in bridging cultural gaps among people through education and interpersonal relations.
- Independent travel and research in the Far East and Europe.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIAL
Hunter College, New York, NY
MA, Liberal Arts, 1994
BA, English, 1986
New York Teaching Credential, anticipated Spring 2004
1998-present, Guest Teacher/Lecturer
Audre Lorde High School, Brooklyn, NY
P.S. 129, Brooklyn, NY
Bridge Street School, New York, NY
- Made classroom presentations to students K-8, demonstrating the importance of art to our physical and mental well-being.
- Tutored high school students of "Project Read," integrating reading and writing to offer new perspective and respect for their own life stories.
- Conducted cultural field trips to sites including businesses, performing arts centers, and museums.
Wharton Museum of Art, Brooklyn, NY
- Lectured on "Art of Japan" to groups ranging from 10-60 adults.
- As a teacher in the "View and Do" program, taught children ways of "looking" at art and motivated them to create art with museum artists.
- Managed groups of students from multicultural backgrounds, including non-English speakers.
- Conducted museum tours for persons with physical and developmental disabilities.
1996-1998, International Liaison
The Cultural Exchange Speakers' Bureau, New York, NY
- Served as International Liaison to visiting artists and scholars from Asia, Europe, South America, and Africa.
1986-1996, International and Domestic Hostess
Ford Motor Company, Oakland, CA
- Served as hostess and cultural advisor on company trips for up to 200 winners of sales contests. Destinations included: Morocco, The Caribbean, Spain, Hawaii, Mexico, Canada
Presenter, Conference on Women's Art History in the United States and Europe
August 2002, Paris, France.
Independent scholar/researcher focusing on the works of Romaine Brooks
Musee de l'Odeon, Paris, 1995.
Independent study and travel to most major art centers in Europe and the United States. Guided others and helped develop their interest, knowledge, and enjoyment.
Cassutto, Hannah L., Romantic Motifs in the Work and Life of Romaine Brooks.
Journal of Women in the Arts, 1996.
Cassutto, Hannah L., "Women's Art on the Left Bank in the 1920s" and "Thelma Wood, Sculptor," The Gorilla Girls History of Women in the Arts (textbook), University Press of New England, 1999.
Volunteer of the Year, Wharton Museum of Art, Brooklyn, NY, 1998.