About This Sample Functional Resume for Project Manager:
Let's take a close look at this sample functional resume for Project Manager. It was written back in the 1990s when functional resume formats were more widely accepted by employers. In today's job market, employers don't like the functional resume so I would suggest this job seeker not use it. Instead, I would rewrite it in the chronological resume format (see Chronological Resume Example: Project Manager), which employers DO like.
Even though this functional resume format is out of date, let's look at its key features:
- Skill headings in the body of the resume keep the employer's focus on the job objective, which is a career change for the applicant.
- Accomplishments are grouped by where they happened, which makes the resume look and read a little bit like a chronological resume format.
From the Collections of Resume Examples
This resume was created using a resume template from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version, which is sometimes used for posting online.
123 Halloran Street, #3
San Francisco, CA 12345
OBJECTIVE: A position in Project Management
** Nine years' experience developing, implementing, and managing complex projects within time and budgetary constraints.
** An organized, detail-oriented, and conscientious self-starter, able to strategize and prioritize effectively to accomplish multiple tasks and stay calm under pressure.
** A highly skilled listener and communicator, able to assess client needs and convey necessary information with clarity and enthusiasm.
** Computer skills include: MS Word, Excel, and Internet.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
** As Investigator, researched local businesses for state licensing purposes:
- Interviewed clients to assess needs and establish rapport.
- Inspected sites for compliance with state regulations.
- Consulted with clients to explain procedures and respond to questions.
- Mediated between client, community members, city and county planning departments, and law enforcement agencies to ensure communication flow and resolve concerns.
- Prioritized and coordinated tasks to complete projects within deadlines.
** As Deputy Probation Officer, developed, marketed, and implemented a new job placement program for at-risk youth:
- Created a manual of job skills for use by program educators.
- Networked with local business and organizations to match youth with appropriate skills training or employment locations.
- Achieved a strong record of success in a dynamic environment.
** Initiated, developed, and managed the creation and implementation of a "New Hire Manual" for SF County Probation Department employees:
- Researched and organized materials for training curriculum.
- Designed and delivered thorough and well-organized quarterly training to new hires.
** Supervised daily activities of 12 staff and 40 participants at Department of Licensing.
** Wrote comprehensive reports for supervisor's review throughout work history.
2002-pres., Investigator, State of California
DEPT. OF LICENSING, San Francisco, CA
1996-02, Deputy Probation Officer
SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY PROBATION DEPARTMENT, San Francisco, CA
B.S., California State University, Sacramento, CA, 1996