About This Sample Combination Resume for a PR / Communications Specialist:
Here's a resume sample for a PR / Communications Specialist, with an alternate job objective of Event Planner. This resume has a few features I'd like to point out.
This job seeker has a steady career history, filled with lots of variety to interest a hiring manager. There's no hidden agenda; Russell (not his real name) wants to advance his career! Here's how his resume helps him do that.
- Job Objective statement. Russell stated two job objectives (PR / Communications Specialist and Event Planner) at the top of his resume. He's open to either job, as they are both in the field of promotions and either one would be a step up in his career.
- Summary of Qualifications section. Notice how the first bullet point statement uses columns to make Russell's key assets stand out. This type of formatting is a great way to catch the reader's eye in her first scan of the resume.
- Skill headings under Professional Experience. Skill headings under the first job title help Russell show that although his job title was Assistant, he was developing and using skills required for his more advanced job objective in promotions. Even if the employer doesn't read the bullet points word for word, she will see from the skill headings that Russell has relevant experience for the job he seeks.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
Russell's resume was created using one of the professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of Russell's resume.
123 Louise Elllington Avenue
Gary, IN 12345
PR/Communications Specialist or Event Planner
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* High-energy professional with 10 years' experience with: broadcast sales, trade shows, celebrities and VIPs, budget management, TV news production
* Motivated self-starter; able to spark interest and take initiative.
* Organized, detail-oriented, and reliable.
2002-pres., Assistant, Affiliate Sales And Marketing, Prairie Networks, Gary, IN
* Created humorous beach concept for client premium mailing; sent beach bags, baseball caps, and margarita mix to the Prairie Channel's top 20 prospects.
* Handed out promotional materials at trade shows, interacting with the crowd and generating enthusiasm for Prairie Networks programs.
* Registered and welcomed guests at an annual corporate event, setting an energetic social tone and involving them in mixer games and prize giveaways.
* Assisted back stage with high-profile marketing events such as Pride Venture.
* Planned eight successful VIP receptions in various cities to help launch Rolling Planet, a mobile set on an 18-wheeler truck.
* Arranged four formal client dinners at fine restaurants in New York City, attending meticulously to details such as media presentation equipment, Prairie Network banners, custom menus, and napkins with our logo.
* Arranged a 100-person staff holiday party on short notice, pulling off a great event on a very low budget.
* Managed and reconciled $750K regional budget of six ongoing accounts, using Excel spreadsheets. Year 2003 ended with over $100K to spare.
* Made spending decisions, and processed and tracked check requests, invoices, and expense reports to meet and manage numerous project budgets.
1999-02, Sales Assistant, AGM-FM, Ft. Ord, CA
* Produced hundreds of sales proposals, program one-sheets, and sales kits on tight deadlines as the sole support for ten account executives and three managers in a busy sales department.
* Created bar graphs and charts on Harvard Graphics and PowerPoint, incorporating qualitative data gathered from Scarborough database.
* Established and maintained ongoing account list of hundreds of clients.
1998, Executive Assistant, TRP-FM, Miami, FL
* Provided multi-faceted support for the station's owner, often interacting with celebrities, politicians, and corporate executives, exercising diplomacy and discretion at all times.
1995-97, Field Producer, Cable News 33, Ft. Ord, CA
* Produced general news and human-interest stories such as a two-part story about an unusual religious group.
* Frequently selected to write business stories because of my clear, concise writing style and ability to simplify complex details.
1990-94, Case Management Assistant, Office of Welfare Appeals, Washington, DC
1989, News Intern, News Outlet, Washington, DC
1989, BA, Broadcast Communications, Princeton University, Princeton, PA