Here's a resume sample for Marketing and Product Management with focus on project coordination and team leadership. This impressive resume shows a strong thread of success throughout the job seeker's advancing career. After you've read his resume, take a look at the cover letter Harry used to apply for an Executive Marketing position.
To get a sense of Harry's whole job search packet, please see his matching cover letter and job reference sheet:
About This Sample Combination Resume for Marketing and Product Management
Harry did a great job of highlighting his strengths and supporting his job objective. Take a look.
- Focus on leadership. In his Career Objective statement, Harry says that team leadership is his strength. He follows up on that with mentions of leadership in his Summary of Qualifications and Professional Experience sections.
- Promotions. By creating a list of his job titles under Almost Nike, Harry makes his promotions and his loyalty to the company very clear.
- Previous experience includes. Harry wanted to add two experiences without listing dates because they happened so long ago. So, he created a section called "Previous experience includes" at the end of his Professional Experience section.
- Education. In the Education & Training section, Harry continues to promote his strength in leadership by listing a Team Leadership seminar he'd attended.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
This and other resume examples in this collection were created using professional resume formats from my Ready-Made Resume program.
Here's the Plain Text version, a resume format that is sometimes used for posting online.
123 San Bernardo Street, #123
Portland, OR 12345
A position in Marketing & Product Management
with a focus on Project Coordination and Team Leadership
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* More than six years' experience providing increasing levels of leadership in marketing and product management for an internationally known industry leader. Adept at working with multiple brands and consumer segments.
* Skilled in strategic planning and implementation; able to prioritize effectively, multi-task and achieve objectives within time and budget.
* A clear and dynamic communicator; able to present marketing programs to diverse audiences and negotiate agreements with vendors.
* Known for building strong relationships with internal and external partners.
1998-pres., ALMOST NIKE, Portland, OR
Marketing Programs Manager, 2003-pres.
Visual Manager, 2001-03
Marketing Specialist & Assistant, 2000-01
Sales Operations Specialist, 1998-00
Marketing & Product Management
* Consistently achieved corporate objectives by selling-in marketing and visual programs for ShoePRO, Almost Nike and Hikers brands.
* Negotiated and collaborated with brand marketing and account partners to create and customize programs that improve sell-through for target markets.
* Worked with marketing, advertising, merchandising and account executives to develop strategies that generated sales of new or selected products.
* Presented marketing initiatives at New York Market Week and customer meetings.
* Co-produced and managed annual budgets of $3-8M. Provided budget management to accounts, ensuring that key items were advertised; wrote and presented marketing briefs on ROI for senior executives.
* Designed and coordinated special onsite events and incentive programs to promote brand awareness and increase sales. Consistently developed successful programs within strict deadlines and budgets.
* Negotiated with visual and merchant teams for appropriate space and shop enhancements to improve flow and increase sales.
* Synthesized sales information; collaborated with store planning and account executives to provide ROI analysis to key internal partners to determine viability of marketing, advertising and visual programs.
* Trained merchandise coordinators and sales associates to implement merchandising and visual strategies to support company-wide, on-floor programs.
* Worked with store planning teams to create floor plans consistent with product assortments and key initiatives.
* Coached and directly managed Retail Marketing Specialist to ensure accurate budget management, daily operations and prompt resolution of issues. Provide motivation and evaluation to foster staff development.
* Developed customized materials for on-floor coordinators, including seasonal product and merchandising briefs, Point-of-Sale and product placement plans for three brands reaching all consumer segments.
* Provided training tools and direction to selling specialists in partnership with account and brand management team.
1996-98, EXPERT MEETING MANAGERS, Seattle, WA
* Designed and coordinated meeting and special event programs for Seattle-based companies, including planning, budget development and event management.
* Selected sites, negotiated contracts, created menus, developed print and collateral materials, coordinated travel and logistics, and provided onsite assistance to monitor function setup, staffing and service.
1992-96, INVESTMENT BANKERS R US, Seattle, WA
Marketing Coordinator / Meeting Planner
* Maintained corporate marketing library, updated company fact sheet and biographies, handled press releases, arranged advertising space for industry-related articles and print ads for vertical publications.
* Researched and reviewed prospective clients using online computer services, referring optimal candidates to Marketing Manager.
* Directed and coordinated corporate and industry events, including multimillion-dollar equipment leasing deal closings, company meetings, parties, receptions and dinners.
* Secured event speakers and coordinated transportation and accommodations for out-of-town guests.
Previous experience includes:
Office Supervisor for Temporary Personnel Agency, Seattle, WA
Staff Assistant to Representative Joe Politic, Washington, DC
EDUCATION & TRAINING
B.A., Public Affairs, University of California, Berkeley, CA, 1988
Team Leadership seminar, American Management Association, 2004