Sample Resume for a job as Planner or Manager in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Inventory/ Materials:
With longevity and promotions at his current place of employment, this job seeker wants to advance his career in the same line of work.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
This and other resume examples in this collection were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of Terry's resume.
123 Ward Drive
Mt. Folsom, CO 12345
Planner or Manager in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Inventory/Materials
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Two strong years in supply chain improvement, and nearly ten years in purchasing, inventory management, supply chain analysis, and sales.
- Track record in statistical base forecasting, scheduling, presentations, negotiations, collaboration, and team leadership.
- Quick learner with an eye for cost-cutting and efficiency opportunities.
- APICS certification expected December 2004.
1996-pres., Colorado Corporation, Boulder, CO (2001-pres.) & Denver, CO (1996-01)
Buyer/Planner, Specialty Products, 2004-pres.
Forecast inventory requirements, assessed risks, and purchased materials for a $19.2M profit center, significantly reducing transportation costs, carrying costs, capital investment in inventory, and inventory management costs.
- Created and implemented successful plan to shift from replenishment to supply chain management model, as principal analyst in four-person pilot project team.
--- Cut capital investment in inventory by $1.37M while increasing customer fill-rates from 96.0% to 98.6% for 1,700 SKUs in 30 facilities.
--- Presented methods and outcomes to senior managers, and trained other groups in new supply chain approach.
--- Provided user requirements to IT development team for new corporation-wide MRP system; met weekly to demo prototype releases.
- Maintained strong vendor relationships. For example, improved relations with a delinquent manufacturing partner while negotiating a $135K settlement (including $7K in accrued interest) for past-due rebates.
- Reduced delivery times by switching from weekly to daily projections for transportation and production runs.
- Identified opportunity to cut costs by analyzing impact of adding or removing SKUs; developed entry and exit plans with clear criteria and break-even requirements.
Senior Inside Account Manager, National Accounts, 2001-04
Inside Account Manager, Millwork and National Accounts, 1995-01
Built Home Supplies, Inc. account from $10M to $38M in two major regions, managed sales team, developed programs, and grew additional accounts.
- Led seven-person sales team to meet sales goals, anticipate client needs, develop new services, and provide top-notch sales support.
- Scheduled production activity control and logistics for door and window lines.
- Identified gaps in credit process and saved almost $90K in loss prevention with process improvements.
- Improved order placement computer processes and trained staff.
- Developed millwork special order plan, monitored order cycles, and negotiated standard and special pricing.
- Managed inventories and trained store personnel.
Plywood Product Manager, Industrial Accounts, 1996-00 (concurrent with above)
Purchased and maintained $3M plywood product line, internally supporting plywood sales and hedging inventories on upcoming sales.
- Consistently exceeded goals for sales, inventory management, and productivity.
- Set pricing, negotiated special deals, consulted with sales staff, and personally handled key accounts.
1993-95, Holiday Hotel, Denver, CO
Loss Prevention Shift Supervisor
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Production and Inventory Management Certification, expected December 2004
APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society)
B.S., Business Administration, 2001, Helman College, Boulder, CO
Meyers-Briggs Leadership Workshop, Colorado Corporation Training Program