With longevity and promotions at his current place of employment, this job seeker wanted to advance his career in the same line of work.
Sample Resume for a Manager of Procurement, Supply Chain, or Inventory/ Materials Management
This and other resume examples in this collection were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of Terry's resume.
123 Ward Drive
Mt. Folsom, CO 12345
Planner or Manager in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Inventory/Materials
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Two strong years in supply chain improvement, and nearly ten years in purchasing, inventory management, supply chain analysis, and sales.
- Track record in statistical base forecasting, scheduling, presentations, negotiations, collaboration, and team leadership.
- Quick learner with an eye for cost-cutting and efficiency opportunities.
- APICS certification expected December 2004.
1996-pres., Colorado Corporation, Boulder, CO (2001-pres.) & Denver, CO (1996-01)
Buyer/Planner, Specialty Products, 2004-pres.
Forecast inventory requirements, assessed risks, and purchased materials for a $19.2M profit center, significantly reducing transportation costs, carrying costs, capital investment in inventory, and inventory management costs.
- Created and implemented successful plan to shift from replenishment to supply chain management model, as principal analyst in four-person pilot project team.
--- Cut capital investment in inventory by $1.37M while increasing customer fill-rates from 96.0% to 98.6% for 1,700 SKUs in 30 facilities.
--- Presented methods and outcomes to senior managers, and trained other groups in new supply chain approach.
--- Provided user requirements to IT development team for new corporation-wide MRP system; met weekly to demo prototype releases.
- Maintained strong vendor relationships. For example, improved relations with a delinquent manufacturing partner while negotiating a $135K settlement (including $7K in accrued interest) for past-due rebates.
- Reduced delivery times by switching from weekly to daily projections for transportation and production runs.
- Identified opportunity to cut costs by analyzing impact of adding or removing SKUs; developed entry and exit plans with clear criteria and break-even requirements.
Senior Inside Account Manager, National Accounts, 2001-04
Inside Account Manager, Millwork and National Accounts, 1995-01
Built Home Supplies, Inc. account from $10M to $38M in two major regions, managed sales team, developed programs, and grew additional accounts.
- Led seven-person sales team to meet sales goals, anticipate client needs, develop new services, and provide top-notch sales support.
- Scheduled production activity control and logistics for door and window lines.
- Identified gaps in credit process and saved almost $90K in loss prevention with process improvements.
- Improved order placement computer processes and trained staff.
- Developed millwork special order plan, monitored order cycles, and negotiated standard and special pricing.
- Managed inventories and trained store personnel.
Plywood Product Manager, Industrial Accounts, 1996-00 (concurrent with above)
Purchased and maintained $3M plywood product line, internally supporting plywood sales and hedging inventories on upcoming sales.
- Consistently exceeded goals for sales, inventory management, and productivity.
- Set pricing, negotiated special deals, consulted with sales staff, and personally handled key accounts.
1993-95, Holiday Hotel, Denver, CO
Loss Prevention Shift Supervisor
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Production and Inventory Management Certification, expected December 2004
APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society)
B.S., Business Administration, 2001, Helman College, Boulder, CO
Meyers-Briggs Leadership Workshop, Colorado Corporation Training Program