Here's a combination resume sample for a Senior Manager in Transportation Logistics. Notice how the skill headings (a key element of the combination resume format) in the body of this resume make it a snap to see this job seeker's assets.
About This Sample Combination Resume for a Senior Manager in Transportation Logistics
This two-page resume for Lillian (not her real name) is a good example of how to address a few points. Take a look.
- Skill headings. A seasoned professional, Lillian has a long career history. Although the resume is lengthy, it's easy to read because she broke up her many bullet point statements with skill headings that support her job objective.
- Dates and age. The Additional Professional Experience section allowed Lillian to include more relevant experience without listing early dates, which might have indicated her age.
- No dates under Education. Another way Lillian avoided age discrimination was to omit dates in her Education & Professional Development section.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
Lillian's resume and many of the other resume examples on this website were developed using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume builder.
Here's the e-resume version Lillian's resume.
123 Henry St., Tempe, AZ 12345
OBJECTIVE: Senior Manager in Transportation Logistics
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience in many facets of transportation management for both shippers and carriers.
* Proven record of profitability and cost efficiency in operations and administration.
* Unique background encompassing cost center (private fleet shipper) and P&L (carrier) responsibility.
* A highly capable manager with keen logistical, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to succeed in variety of environments including small, medium, and large international companies.
Southwest District Manager, 2003 - Present
TRUCK AND RAIL TRANSPORT, Phoenix, AZ
Direct operations of inbound and outbound truck and rail carrier in Southwest U.S. and Mexico.
* Transportation and Shipping:
- Direct fleet of trucks and trailers hauling food-grade, industrial, and hazardous materials.
- Manage 150 railcars transporting non-hazardous and hazardous materials.
- Plan operations and inventory control of three warehouses for transportation-related functions of pick & pack, temporary holding, and materials transfer; provide break-bulk and cross-stock services.
- Original, large territory increased notably in 2004 from the management of Southwest U.S., California, Arizona, and New Mexico to the addition of Colorado and Utah.
- Awarded "Manager of the Year: Terminal of the Year."
* Operations Management:
- Direct fleet of trucks, trailers, and railcars in areas/regions of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, California, and Mexico.
- Profitably managed 60% growth in total business during last three years.
- Improved compliance to 100% on national, state, and local regulations, thereby fully meeting requirements of Department of Transportation, USEPA, and FRA.
- Skillfully interfaced merging of two companies to operate as one while retaining fiscal autonomy.
- Utilize extensive knowledge and skill of transportation logistics to significantly improve efficiency of deliveries by 35%, effectiveness of manpower by 25%, and accuracy to 95%.
* Office Administration, Reporting, and Quality Assurance:
- Significantly improved administration of deliveries from 70% to over 95% by developing efficient processes and relevant, timely reporting.
- Reduced costs of office staff 25% by restructuring functions, eliminating redundancies, properly training and cross-training staff, and performing regular employee reviews.
- Smoothed functioning of operation's two separate corporate entities by developing and implementing a series of checks and balances.
* Sales and Customer Relations:
- Signed significant new business in excess of $300,000 annually for this $2.5M company.
- Ensure ongoing and consistent customer satisfaction by providing on-time delivery and follow up.
Distribution Manager, Southwest Region, 1992 - 2002
LIQUID GAS Inc., Phoenix, AZ
Managed distribution in Southwest region for one of world's largest manufacturers of industrial gases.
* Transportation Planning and Management:
- Administered annual transportation budget of $3M and supervised personnel staffs of up to 50.
- Reduced budget by 30% over a six-year period by implementing new processes/procedures.
- Experienced instituting successful capital projects; for instance, opened trailer refurbishment facility, saving company more than $3 million per year and $120,000 per trailer renovation.
- Justified costs of building large heavy-hauler trailers by proving short, one-year, payback period with a 40% volume per mile improvement.
- Increased personnel productivity by 28% by creating a progressive pay program that:
Tied safety and customer service to individual and team performance.
Incorporated incentives, wage plans, and education.
Ensured training, cross-training, and placement of staff to attain maximum efficiencies.
Achieved objectives and goals because program had 100% personnel buy in.
- Planned and oversaw transportation of three lines of business in eight locations in the Southwest.
- Scheduled company drivers to reduce trip numbers; improved tractor utilization by 20%.
* Regulatory Compliance, Safety, Environment, and Community Involvement:
- Instituted training and programs that achieved 70% improvement in distribution safety within six years, and reduced personal injury 30% in three years.
- Ensured thorough training on hazardous materials for drivers, agencies, and localities.
- Established "Good Community Neighbor" relations by training highway patrols and fire departments on emergency response procedures and legal requirements for transport vehicles.
- Appointed to the State of Arizona Committee on HAZMAT and Fire Safety.
- Received "Quality Award" for safe and expeditious control of tanker turnover accident in Phoenix; received commendation from City of Phoenix Fire Department.
* Client Relations:
- Worked directly with sales teams to win new accounts; made presentations to potential clients.
- Solved client problems with innovative solutions while working with sales, management, and clients.
- Accomplished cost savings in many areas:
Reduced costs of common carriers in region by more than $100K per year.
Reduced costs of steamship transport by more than $100K per year.
Consolidated two offices, saving $100K a year by reducing overhead costs and staff redundancy.
Additional Professional Experience
* Subcontracted to perform internal loss prevention audits, reporting, and training.
* Consulted by businesses to evaluate and improve processes, and incorporate latest best practices.
* Performed variety of seminars, workshops, and training on HAZMAT safety and environmental issues.
* Operated and owned trucking company on west coast of U.S.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
B.S., Major: Business Management, Graduate with Honors, University of Phoenix
Zenger Miller: - Team Leadership - Team Effectiveness - Team Building for Managers - Front Line Leadership
In-House Training (Liquid Gas): - Safety Leadership - Hazardous Materials Training