Here's a combination resume sample for a Senior Manager in Transportation Logistics. Notice how the skill headings (a key element of the combination resume format) in the body of this resume make it a snap to see this job seeker's assets.
About This Sample Combination Resume for a Senior Manager in Transportation Logistics
This two-page resume for Lillian (not her real name) is a good example of how to address a few points. Take a look.
- Skill headings. A seasoned professional, Lillian has a long career history. Although the resume is lengthy, it's easy to read because she broke up her many bullet point statements with skill headings that support her job objective.
- Dates and age. The Additional Professional Experience section allowed Lillian to include more relevant experience without listing early dates, which might have indicated her age.
- No dates under Education. Another way Lillian avoided age discrimination was to omit dates in her Education section.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
Lillian's resume and many of the other resume examples on this website were developed using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume builder.
Here's the e-resume version Lillian's resume.
123 Henry St., Tempe, AZ 12345
OBJECTIVE: Senior Manager in Transportation Logistics
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience in many facets of transportation management for both shippers and carriers.
* Proven record of profitability and cost efficiency in operations and administration.
* Unique background encompassing cost center (private fleet shipper) and P&L (carrier) responsibility.
* A highly capable manager with keen logistical, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to succeed in variety of environments including small, medium, and large international companies.
Southwest District Manager, 2003 - Present
TRUCK AND RAIL TRANSPORT, Phoenix, AZ
Direct operations of inbound and outbound truck and rail carrier in Southwest U.S. and Mexico.
* Transportation and Shipping:
- Direct fleet of trucks and trailers hauling food-grade, industrial, and hazardous materials.
- Manage 150 railcars transporting non-hazardous and hazardous materials.
- Plan operations and inventory control of three warehouses for transportation-related functions of pick & pack, temporary holding, and materials transfer; provide break-bulk and cross-stock services.
- Original, large territory increased notably in 2004 from the management of Southwest U.S., California, Arizona, and New Mexico to the addition of Colorado and Utah.
- Awarded "Manager of the Year: Terminal of the Year."
* Operations Management:
- Direct fleet of trucks, trailers, and railcars in areas/regions of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, California, and Mexico.
- Profitably managed 60% growth in total business during last three years.
- Improved compliance to 100% on national, state, and local regulations, thereby fully meeting requirements of Department of Transportation, USEPA, and FRA.
- Skillfully interfaced merging of two companies to operate as one while retaining fiscal autonomy.
- Utilize extensive knowledge and skill of transportation logistics to significantly improve efficiency of deliveries by 35%, effectiveness of manpower by 25%, and accuracy to 95%.
* Office Administration, Reporting, and Quality Assurance:
- Significantly improved administration of deliveries from 70% to over 95% by developing efficient processes and relevant, timely reporting.
- Reduced costs of office staff 25% by restructuring functions, eliminating redundancies, properly training and cross-training staff, and performing regular employee reviews.
- Smoothed functioning of operation's two separate corporate entities by developing and implementing a series of checks and balances.
* Sales and Customer Relations:
- Signed significant new business in excess of $300,000 annually for this $2.5M company.
- Ensure ongoing and consistent customer satisfaction by providing on-time delivery and follow up.
Distribution Manager, Southwest Region, 1992 - 2002
LIQUID GAS Inc., Phoenix, AZ
Managed distribution in Southwest region for one of world's largest manufacturers of industrial gases.
* Transportation Planning and Management:
- Administered annual transportation budget of $3M and supervised personnel staffs of up to 50.
- Reduced budget by 30% over a six-year period by implementing new processes/procedures.
- Experienced instituting successful capital projects; for instance, opened trailer refurbishment facility, saving company more than $3 million per year and $120,000 per trailer renovation.
- Justified costs of building large heavy-hauler trailers by proving short, one-year, payback period with a 40% volume per mile improvement.
- Increased personnel productivity by 28% by creating a progressive pay program that:
Tied safety and customer service to individual and team performance.
Incorporated incentives, wage plans, and education.
Ensured training, cross-training, and placement of staff to attain maximum efficiencies.
Achieved objectives and goals because program had 100% personnel buy in.
- Planned and oversaw transportation of three lines of business in eight locations in the Southwest.
- Scheduled company drivers to reduce trip numbers; improved tractor utilization by 20%.
* Regulatory Compliance, Safety, Environment, and Community Involvement:
- Instituted training and programs that achieved 70% improvement in distribution safety within six years, and reduced personal injury 30% in three years.
- Ensured thorough training on hazardous materials for drivers, agencies, and localities.
- Established "Good Community Neighbor" relations by training highway patrols and fire departments on emergency response procedures and legal requirements for transport vehicles.
- Appointed to the State of Arizona Committee on HAZMAT and Fire Safety.
- Received "Quality Award" for safe and expeditious control of tanker turnover accident in Phoenix; received commendation from City of Phoenix Fire Department.
* Client Relations:
- Worked directly with sales teams to win new accounts; made presentations to potential clients.
- Solved client problems with innovative solutions while working with sales, management, and clients.
- Accomplished cost savings in many areas:
Reduced costs of common carriers in region by more than $100K per year.
Reduced costs of steamship transport by more than $100K per year.
Consolidated two offices, saving $100K a year by reducing overhead costs and staff redundancy.
Additional Professional Experience
* Subcontracted to perform internal loss prevention audits, reporting, and training.
* Consulted by businesses to evaluate and improve processes, and incorporate latest best practices.
* Performed variety of seminars, workshops, and training on HAZMAT safety and environmental issues.
* Operated and owned trucking company on west coast of U.S.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
B.S., Major: Business Management, Graduate with Honors, University of Phoenix
Zenger Miller: - Team Leadership - Team Effectiveness - Team Building for Managers - Front Line Leadership
In-House Training (Liquid Gas): - Safety Leadership - Hazardous Materials Training