Here's a resume sample for a Leadership Trainer, focusing on executive management, organizational leadership, team building, client relations, performance enhancement, and alliance building.
About This Sample Combination Resume for a Leadership Trainer
Susie (not her real name) wants to make a career change from senior management to leadership training. Here's how she used the combination resume format to achieve that.
- Job objective statement. Susie's job objective statement is long, but it's quick to read because she listed items in three columns. This makes it easy for an employer to see what she has to offer.
- Skill headings. The combination resume format features Susie's transferable skills — ones that will be valued in her new leadership training career.
- Promotions. Notice how the promotions listed near the top of page one send a message that this job seeker's an achiever.
- Dates and age discrimination. Special care was taken not to reveal Susie's age in order to avoid age discrimination in her job search. At the end of her Professional Experience, she created a section entitled "Previous experience includes" that contains no dates. For the same reason, she did not list dates in her Education section.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
This resume example was developed using one of the professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of this resume sample.
111 Excalibur Drive
San Diego, CA 12345
A position within a corporate experiential learning and development company
- Organizational Leadership
- Team Building
- Client Relations
- Performance Enhancement
- Coaching & Facilitation
- Alliance Building
* More than 10 years' management experience in organizational leadership and relationship building with clients and team members.
* More than 8 years as an avid Class IV-V whitewater rafter, with trips to Nepal, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Mongolia, Chile, and New Zealand. Skilled in easily building rapport with individuals from diverse cultures.
* A dynamic team leader; able to bring energy, enthusiasm, and humor to motivate team members to achieve potential and meet objectives.
* A highly organized manager and coach; able to quickly assess needs and provide tools to resolve difficulties, enhance learning, and improve performance.
1995-pres., HEALTHRITE, La Jolla, CA
Vice President / Director, Client Services, 1998-pres.
Project Manager / Systems Analyst, 1995-98
Organizational Leadership & Team Building
* Built a strong team from one to twenty members, fostering both independence and a cohesive, productive team environment.
* Utilized clarity, humor, well-defined goals, and a positive work ethic to establish a spirited organizational culture throughout the company.
* Developed and implemented strategic objectives to ensure achievement of profitability goals and a high level of client satisfaction. Consistently awarded high rankings from a prestigious industry watchdog, the Singer Report.
* Created and led cross-functional teams in building a strong esprit de corps and supporting the smooth installation/conversion of new managed-care software. Developed business requirements, trained users, and supported client base.
* Planned and structured resources necessary to sustain growth of client base. Managed a $10M budget.
Client Relations & Communication
* Conducted dynamic and enjoyable training in relationship building and product knowledge for both clients and internal staff.
* Cultivated excellent long-term relationships with clients, maintaining ongoing communication and facilitating solutions to address concerns.
* Initiated User Group and implemented annual event for up to 1,000 users worldwide to encourage networking and increase product knowledge.
1994-95, SAN DIEGO GENERAL HOSPITAL, San Diego, CA
Non-Clinical Manager, Outpatient and Surgery Departments
* Supervised administrative staff of 20 and developed policies and procedures.
* Managed large-scale implementation project of new scheduling, inventory, and reporting software system for both departments.
Previous experience includes:
Assistant to Vice President of Sales, Managed Care Associates, San Diego, CA
Assistant to Executive Director, Occupational Health Program, Rialto Hospital, San Diego, CA
Office Manager for Emergency Services Group, Rialto Hospital, San Diego, CA
2004-pres., Steering Committee for the 25th Celebration of Women in Athletics at UCSD
2004-pres., Search Committee for Athletic Director at UCSD
2002-03, Elected Director, UCSD Alumni Association, Board of Directors
2001-03, Member, UCSD Diversity Committee / Co-Chair, 2003
2001, Organizing Committee, 50th Anniversary of the UCSD Alumni Association
M.P.H., University of California, Berkeley, CA
B.A., Physical Education, University of California, San Diego, CA
This resume was created using a resume template from Susan Ireland's Ready-Made Resumes.