About This Sample Functional Resume for Automotive Service Manager / Director:
Here's a resume sample for an Automotive Service Manager / Director, which was first written as a functional resume in the 1990s. I recently converted it to a combination resume format (see Combination Resume Example: Automotive Service Manager) because the functional resume format is no longer liked by recruiters and employers in today's job market.
Here are a few things you'll want to note about this functional resume:
- The professional title at the top begins the resume on a confident note. It announces the job objective without using a job objective statement.
- The employer's name is listed just under the "Relevant Accomplishments" heading. This works because all the accomplishments took place with that one employer. This technique helped Randall (not his real name) take the spotlight off his Work History, which hints at his current self-employment/unemployment.
- Promotions are listed in the Work History section to show that he is an achiever.
- There are no dates in the Education & Training section because they were so long ago and Randall wanted to avoid age discrimination.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
This functional resume and all the other resume examples in this site's collection were created using resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version for posting online, formatted according to How to Upload and Email Your Resume.
123 Easy Street
Nantucket, MA 12345
cellphone (123) 555-1234
Automotive Service Manager/Director
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Ten years automotive dealership service management experience building on 15 years as an automotive technician. Skills include:
- Quality Control
- Technical Support
- Warranty and Policy
- Regulatory Compliance
JOHN QUINCY LEXUS DEALERSHIP
* Recognized by the dealer principal for raising profitability through cost controls on supplies, outside service companies and vendors.
* Built repeat business and customer loyalty by:
- Ensuring highest quality repair status.
- Educating and problem-solving with customers on technical issues and vehicle operations.
* Improved customer satisfaction by implementing the Lexus-Argon service improvement program.
- Worked with an Argon consultant to study workflow efficiency.
- Instituted a program that streamlined service.
- Implemented standardized written procedures.
* Strengthened the dealership reputation by providing expert technical explanations and resolving product disputes between customer, dealer and manufacturers.
* Succeeded at controlling company loss by favorably negotiating public liability disputes.
* One of 10 Lexus dealers selected out of more than 300 to participate in the NEARB Emission Parts Validation Study based on management of the program.
* Promoted an above-average level of expertise among technical staff.
- Maintained a standard of up-to-date O.E.M. training for all technicians.
- Identified and corrected deficiencies in procedures and products.
- Created and directed an "in-house" training and review program to develop new skills and "fixes."
* Cultivated an extraordinary level of technician loyalty, achieving a 10+ year tenure among 75% of employees over a 12-year period.
* Fostered teamwork that motivated employees to achieve their highest potential.
* Achieved a Master Auto Technician Certification through the Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
* Served as Special Advisor to New England District Service Managers Advisory Committee Seminars.
* Special Advisor to the University of MA engineering students competing in Lexus Motor Company national invitational to develop a fuel-efficient hybrid prototype.
2000-present, CRAFTS IN WOOD, Nantucket, MA
1988-2000, JOHN QUINCY LEXUS DEALERSHIP, Quincy, MA
Service Manager (1992-2000)
Shop Foreman (1990-1992)
Customer Service Advisor (1988-1990)
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Human Relations & Organizational Business program
University of MA-College of Professional Studies
Advanced Warranty and Policy, Lexus
Advanced Customer Satisfaction, Lexus
Human Relations & Management Training, Hoover Company
Family Leave Act
Employee and Company Rights
Business law coursework, Cape Cod Community College, Cape Cod, MA