Here's a chronological resume sample for an IT Professional that's loaded with keywords and great qualifications. It also has a span of unemployment and several short-term jobs. Notice how Charles (not his real name) highlights his strengths and downplays his weakness.
About This Sample Chronological Resume for an IT Professional
When Charles worked on his resume, he knew he had a lot to offer an employer. He just needed a chance to get his foot in the door with a strong resume. Here are things to note about his resume.
- Professional title at the top. Charles wanted to make it clear that he is an IT professional, even though most of his job titles do not include the term "IT." So he placed his professional title at the top of his resume, instead of writing a job objective statement.
- Qualifications statements. Each of his Qualifications statements supports the professional title Charles has on his resume. Notice how the first statement ("Fourteen years as a computer professional, including three years as an IT professional.") makes it easy for his reader to assess his level of experience.
- Skills section. The Skills section is near the top and uses four columns to list his many IT skills. This format makes the skills stand out and easy to scan.
- Unemployed for a year. Charles disguised a one-year employment gap by referring to consulting work he did during that time.
- Short-term jobs. For IT professionals, short-term jobs are common, so Charles did not worry about listing his short-term jobs on his resume.
- Education section. Charles placed his Education section at the end of his two-page resume because his degree is not in computer science.
- Age and dates. Charles didn't list the date for his college degree because he didn't want to give such a big clue about his age.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
This and other resume examples in this collection were created using resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of this resume.
Charles C. Schulze
123 Beethoven Court
St. Louis, Missouri 12345
* Fourteen years as a computer professional, including three years as an IT professional.
* Productive self-starter with a strong work ethic; consistently achieve goals.
* Proven experience in network/hardware/operating system troubleshooting, PC assembly, system integration, technical support, biometric scanners, and customer service helpdesk.
WILDWOOD COMMUNICATIONS, St. Louis, Missouri, 2006
Technical Customer Service Representative, Wildwood Network Control Center
* Provided technical customer support in Wildwood NCC, including first- and second-level network troubleshooting.
* Determined whether problems were due to connectivity or if they were higher layer problems.
* Dispatched technician to site if necessary.
* Determined if latency was due to over-utilization or congestion.
* Investigated problems with DNS servers and our zone files.
* Gathered information on BGP sessions on our core Juniper and Cisco Routers.
* Determined if routing loops were occurring and if so, escalated to second level.
* Documented firewall issues and escalated accordingly.
* Ranked first or second in cases logged and cases closed.
INDEPENDENT IT CONSULTANT, Webster Groves, Missouri, 2005 - 2006
* Integrated time and attendance system, utilizing biometric scanners with Ceridian payroll system.
* Restructured and reintegrated LAN, including new IP blocks, new ISP, and renumbering stations. Project involved continuous coordination with comptroller and general manager.
* Designed, configured, and installed NT 4.0 Network client and server for Delray Financial Corp.
* Created Access database program for IT vendor to manage its client contacts.
* Configured NT 4.0 servers and workstations for local IT vendor.
TIMEOMATION, St. Louis, Missouri, 2004 - 2005
* Managed technical sales, support, and installation of computerized time and attendance systems, including integration of biometric scanners (networked or standalone).
* Designed, configured, and installed computerized access control systems.
* Designed, sold, and configured computerized security guard recording systems that used bar codes.
* Managed entire project, including sales and support of master clock systems for St. Louis Science Center and Planetarium renovation.
DISNEY CORPORATE SOLUTIONS, INC., East St. Louis, Missouri, 2003 - 2004
Senior Sales Representative
* Technical account management and support of all forms of imaging solutions, including micro graphics, document imaging systems and solutions, scanners and services.
* Provided support of installation, troubleshooting, and training.
* Promoted to OTG imaging systems expert.
* Managed entire project of the integration of a microfilm imaging system into digital imaging system for St. Louis County Recorders Office.
* Coordinated planning, design, and installation of a document imaging system for George Washington University School of Medicine - Department of Surgery/Division of Pediatric Surgery.
BROWN & WHITE, St. Louis, Missouri, 1993 - 2003
* Technical Manager for manufacturers' representative, managing sales and technical support cycle for medical, diagnostic, and high-tech surgical equipment within a four-state area.
* Provided post-sales training for manufacturers and offered consultant services to dealers in Missouri.
* Supervised operations and all payroll preparation. Managed four employees.
* Provided computer training for all employees on word processing and spreadsheet functions.
B.A., Business/Marketing, University of Northern Illinois
CCNA, Cisco Networking Academy, February 2007
MCP, FLA Learning Center, February 2007
A+, FLA Learning Center, January 2007
Network+, FLA Learning Center, November 2006
Adv. DOS, FLA Learning Center, 10 Hours
Introduction to Windows, FLA Learning Center, 20 Hours
Hard disk Management, FLA Learning Center, 10 Hours