About This Combination Resume Sample for Project Management:
Here's a combination resume sample for Project Management, which has some points that could be helpful to your job search. Take a look:
- It's rich in keywords from start to finish. For example, the professional title at the top, "Project Management position with a focus on Team Leadership, Analysis and Customer Care," presents several of Stacey's (not her real name) prime keyword terms.
- A gap in employment is filled by listing volunteer work Stacey did for a year when she was unemployed. (See page two below.)
- Several promotions are highlighted in the job just before the gap in employment. This gives balance and strength to Stacey's work history in case the employer sees the employment gap as a flaw.
- There are no dates under Education & Training, making it difficult to know how old Stacey is. This is intentional because she's concerned that her age might be a problem.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
This and other resume examples in this collection were created using a professional resume template from Susan Ireland's Ready-Made Resumes.
This resume was written or critiqued by a member of Susan Ireland's Resume Team. The job seeker agreed to allow us to make her resume anonymous and to post it on this website.
To learn how to write an effective resume, go to 10 Steps: How to Write a Resume.
Plain Text Resume Format Example
Here's the Plain Text version of this resume.
123 Cincinnati Street, #123
Little Rock, AR 12345
Project Management position with a focus on Team Leadership, Analysis and Customer Care
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Organized and goal-oriented, with more than seven years' experience in project management and a strong customer focus.
* Analytical problem-solver, able to anticipate issues and create new systems that streamline operations, resolve concerns and improve efficiency.
* Skilled in building excellent rapport with clients and team members. Able to see the big picture, delegate effectively and motivate team members to achieve on-time project completion.
* Computer skills include: MS Word, Excel, Access, Project, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Internet research.
2002-pres., OFFICE OF THE TREASURER, CITY & COUNTY OF LITTLE ROCK, Little Rock, AR
Special Assistant / Project Manager
Project Management & Team Leadership
* Directed the planning, design, production and management of online applications as part of LRGov Online Services, the city's eCommerce portal:
- Supervised project teams, including programmer, web designer, database manager, accounting and other internal project staff.
- Met regularly with interdepartmental work group to monitor and evaluate the portal, discuss policy issues and recommend service improvements.
* As leading member of Customer Service Board, spearheaded and directed implementation of departmental Intranet, resulting in greater speed and access to information for both internal staff and outside clients. Collaborated with programmer to develop content and architecture.
* Developed and implemented City Payment Office, working closely with project team members to select and refine services offered, monitor effectiveness, and institute systems to improve services for local businesses.
* Initiated cross-training with other departments to improve work flow and streamline project completion.
* Directed special projects for City Treasurer, including research and analysis of relevant business and policy issues. Maintained strong commitment to accuracy, detail, confidentiality and timeliness of completion.
Customer Care & Administration
* Analyzed policies with regard to customer service and efficiency, recommending policy changes and process improvements as needed.
* Conducted classes on starting a business in Little Rock through the Small Business Administration and to local businesses and merchant organizations.
* As member of cross-functional Editorial Board, ensured accuracy, consistency and user-friendliness of all outgoing information and documentation.
2002, FRIENDS OF THE LR COMMISSION FOR WOMEN, Little Rock, AR
* Directed non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Panel on the Status of Women, including strategic planning, financial management, member services, communications, events and public/community relations.
1998-01, GREATER DENVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, Denver, CO
Assistant Director, Business Consortium for Education (BCE), 2001
Publications / Communications Coordinator, 1999-01
Information Specialist / Member Services Coordinator, 1998-99
* Assisted in leading the Business Consortium for Education, a local alliance of business, education and community members to improve public education. Managed budget, coordinated programs and acted as member liaison.
* Conducted economic and demographic research and analysis to produce critical monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Developed marketing strategy to offer selected publications to target markets, resulting in increased revenues.
* Refined and implemented marketing plan, communication strategy and corporate identity program.
* Established mission and business plan for newly created Member Services department, providing information, referrals and customer care to members.
Additional experience includes:
Event Marketing Associate, Corporate & Convention Events, Children's Science Museum, Little Rock, AR
Account Executive, River's End Publishers, Inc., Denver, CO
EDUCATION & TRAINING
B.A., Urban Studies, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Ongoing training includes seminars and coursework in eCommerce, Leadership,
Diversity and Customer Relations Management.