Here's a chronological resume sample for a Personal Assistant / Office Manager who is climbing the ladder within her career. This is the perfect resume format for showing off her steady career history, while hiding her one weakness. Take a look.
About This Sample Chronological Resume for a Personal Assistant / Office Manager
Chloe (not her real name) has lots of experience, which she presented on just one page. It's neat, organized, and easy to read. Here's what I especially like about it.
- Loyalty. It's clear that Chloe is a loyal employee. She has worked for the same employer for more than 15 years as the "right hand" of a busy executive.
- Concurrent job titles. Chloe held two job titles (Personal Assistant and Office Manager) at the same time throughout her tenure with her current employer. She lists them next to her dates at the company and then uses each of those titles as group headings for her achievement statements.
- Priorities. Notice how Chloe always puts "Personal Assistant" before "Office Manager," both in her Objective statement and under her current job. That's because Chloe prefers her work as a Personal Assistant and wants her next job to entail mostly those responsibilities.
- Dates and age. Chloe was careful not to reveal her age by putting no dates in her Education & Training section and by creating an "Additional experience includes" section that does not include dates.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
Chloe's resume and many of the other resume examples in this collection were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version.
123 Alpha Street
Las Vegas, NV 12345
OBJECTIVE: Position as Personal Assistant / Office Manager
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 15+ years experience providing outstanding administrative and personal support to a senior executive.
- A motivated self-starter, able to quickly grasp issues and attend to details while maintaining a view of the big picture. Expert in juggling multiple projects and achieving on-time completion within budget.
- Creative, resourceful and flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- A clear and logical communicator, able to establish rapport with both clients and colleagues, and motivate individuals to achieve organizational objectives.
1988-pres., PERSONAL ASSISTANT & OFFICE MANAGER
Paige & Associates, Denver, CO
- Provided continuous, high quality support to President/CEO. Coordinated schedule, appointments and travel arrangements; managed expense account and recovery.
- Proofed and edited speeches, reports and press releases; screened calls and communicated directives to Board members and company shareholders.
- Managed President's securities portfolio and prepared regulatory filings as needed. Acted as liaison to stockbrokers, accountants and legal counsel.
- Organized annual shareholder meetings, including site selection, catering and preparation of appropriate materials.
- Planned two major relocations: Assisted in site selection, worked with architect on interior design, and oversaw equipment/furniture/telecommunications setup without interruption in operations.
- Coordinated work flow among five consultants and supervised three support staff. Prioritized and delegated tasks, provided motivation and direction to create a positive work environment and ensured accurate, on-time completion.
-Tracked office expenses and created monthly reports for senior executive. Prepared invoices, Accounts Receivable/Payable and banking.
- Mediated conflicts among employees and between staff and management, utilizing diplomacy and humor to resolve issues.
- Responded to client needs and provided additional support where necessary.
Additional experience includes:
Seminar and Retreat Coordinator, Meditation, Inc., Reno, NV
On-site Massage Therapist, Reno Corporate Massage, Reno, NV
EDUCATION & TRAINING
B.A., Psychology, American University, Washington, DC
CMT / Somatic Educator, Somatic Institute, New York, NY
Additional training includes: Stress Management and Meditation