Sample Resume for a Job as Personal Assistant / Office Manager:
This resume makes it easy for an employer to see that this loyal job seeker is dedicated to advancing her career. She has extensive experience but was careful not to reveal her age by putting no dates in her Education section and by creating an "Additional experience" section that does not include dates. Chronological resume. Plain Text version of this resume for posting online.
This resume was written or critiqued by a member of Susan Ireland's Resume Team. The job seeker agreed to allow us to make his or her resume anonymous and to post it on this website.
123 Alpha Street
Las Vegas, NV 12345
OBJECTIVE: Position as Personal Assistant / Office Manager
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 15+ years experience providing outstanding administrative and personal support to a senior executive.
- A motivated self-starter, able to quickly grasp issues and attend to details while maintaining a view of the big picture. Expert in juggling multiple projects and achieving on-time completion within budget.
- Creative, resourceful and flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- A clear and logical communicator, able to establish rapport with both clients and colleagues, and motivate individuals to achieve organizational objectives.
1988-pres., PERSONAL ASSISTANT & OFFICE MANAGER
Paige & Associates, Denver, CO
- Provided continuous, high quality support to President/CEO. Coordinated schedule, appointments and travel arrangements; managed expense account and recovery.
- Proofed and edited speeches, reports and press releases; screened calls and communicated directives to Board members and company shareholders.
- Managed President's securities portfolio and prepared regulatory filings as needed. Acted as liaison to stockbrokers, accountants and legal counsel.
- Organized annual shareholder meetings, including site selection, catering and preparation of appropriate materials.
- Planned two major relocations: Assisted in site selection, worked with architect on interior design, and oversaw equipment/furniture/telecommunications setup without interruption in operations.
- Coordinated work flow among five consultants and supervised three support staff. Prioritized and delegated tasks, provided motivation and direction to create a positive work environment and ensured accurate, on-time completion.
-Tracked office expenses and created monthly reports for senior executive. Prepared invoices, Accounts Receivable/Payable and banking.
- Mediated conflicts among employees and between staff and management, utilizing diplomacy and humor to resolve issues.
- Responded to client needs and provided additional support where necessary.
Additional experience includes:
Seminar and Retreat Coordinator, Meditation, Inc., Reno, NV
On-site Massage Therapist, Reno Corporate Massage, Reno, NV
EDUCATION & TRAINING
B.A., Psychology, American University, Washington, DC
CMT / Somatic Educator, Somatic Institute, New York, NY
Additional training includes: Stress Management and Meditation