Here's a combination resume sample for an Executive Assistant to the CEO. With such a long history at the same firm, the combination format is ideal. It breaks up the job seeker's eight meaty achievement statements to make them easy to read.
About This Sample Combination Resume for an Executive Assistant
As you read through this resume for Frances (not her real name), take note of the following features. Maybe one of them will be useful for your resume.
- No Job Objective statement. Frances used her professional title near the top of her resume instead of writing a job objective statement. Her long career in this field allowed her to do this confidently.
- Promotions. By listing the two job titles she held with her current employer, she demonstrated that she was promoted.
- Skill headings. Frances grouped her achievement statements under two very relevant skill headings: "Administration & Organization" and "Communication & Client Relations." She knows that these two skills will be valued by her next executive employer.
- Long achievement statements. Although the achievements statements on this resume are all fairly long, Frances took care not to let any of them to exceed three lines. More than three lines would have made the text look dense and uninviting to read.
- Dates and age. Notice how she declined to list dates next to her impressive college degrees so as not to draw attention to her age.
From the Collection of Resume Examples
This resume sample and other resumes in this collection were created using professional resume templates from my Ready-Made Resume Builder.
Here's the Plain Text version of this resume.
FRANCES W. CARTWRIGHT
4386 Trent Place
Rochester, NY 12345
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- A highly organized and detail-oriented Executive Assistant with over 15 years' experience providing thorough and skillful administrative support to senior executives.
- Dedicated and focused; able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and follow through to achieve project goals.
- An independent and self-motivated professional with excellent research and writing skills; able to grow positive relationships with clients and colleagues at all organizational levels.
- Computer skills include: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ACT, Internet.
INDUSTRIAL RESOURCES, LTD., Rochester, NY
Executive Assistant to the CFO, 2000-pres.
Executive Assistant to the CEO, 1997-00
Administration & Organization
- Created highly effective organizational and filing systems, including quick and thorough indexing, filing and offsite storage, resulting in easy access to critical information and streamlined office functioning.
- Coordinated and set up high-level conference calls, board and management meetings, special events and travel arrangements for top executives.
- Conducted extensive Internet research on competitors and potential acquisitions, reporting findings to CFO. Developed, formatted and maintained databases.
- Updated and maintained CEO's calendar, completely re-organized the Executive and Finance libraries, and assisted managers with special projects as needed, including building renovations and office move.
Communication & Client Relations
- Answered a high volume of incoming calls and in-person inquiries from clients and colleagues; treated each person with respect and provided information and referrals.
- Acted as liaison and maintained open lines of communication among senior executives, board members, shareholders, middle management and administrative staff.
- Wrote correspondence; proofed and edited press releases and other documents to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinated preparation and timely dissemination of company reports and slide presentations for board meetings.
SOUTHERN FORECAST, Naples, NY
Administrative Manager, 1989-96
- Provided superior administrative support to president, including correspondence, legal documents, financial management, events/logistics coordination, communications and policy compliance, and problem resolution.
Masters in Library Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
Bachelor of Arts, History and Journalism, Nazareth College, Rochester, NY