Do you have the qualifications for the job? That's what an employer wants to know. The sooner he finds that info on your resume, the better. One way to get your point across quickly is to write a statement in your Summary section about your qualifications.
Here are tips for coming up with good Summary statements about your job qualifications:
- Read the job posting carefully to see what the job qualifications and requirements are.
- Use your previous job descriptions as a checklist to be sure all relevant job qualifications are on your resume. By "relevant" I mean those that support your current job objective.
16 Examples of Resume Summary Statements About Job Qualifications
Each of the following sample Summary statements talk about the job seeker's job qualifications. Each statement is from a different resume.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- More than six years of senior software engineering experience, with strong analytical skills and a broad range of computer expertise.
- Specialist in the development of microprocessor-based firmware and software for hardware processes/hardware control in real-time, embedded environments.
- More than 10 years' experience as a technical instructor. Skills include:
Individual and Group Training
- Exemplary problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and implement corrective processes.
- Computer skills include: MS Project, Excel, Word; AutoPlan; Applix Word, Graphics, Spreadsheet; Powerpoint, FrameMaker, Lotus Notes, NetObjects Fusion, Dreamweaver and SAP (MM, SD), SunOS. Familiar with HTML and SQL database queries.
- Knowledgeable in project management tools, processes and techniques.
- Established reputation for story selection and editing skills that produce an enterprising balance of news, features and graphic presentation.
- Skilled at presenting technical and abstract concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Proficient in MS Word, QuarkXpress, and Excel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Skilled in cultivating positive relationships with clients and colleagues; particularly adept at communicating with clarity and diplomacy to individuals from diverse cultural and organizational backgrounds. Fluent in French, conversational in Italian.
- A skilled communicator; able to synthesize and deliver complex information to diverse audiences.
- APICS certification expected December 20xx.
- Skilled researcher and administrator; hold MA Degree in Economics and an MBA Degree.
- Strong leadership skills; able to prioritize, delegate tasks, and make sound decisions quickly while maintaining a focus on the bottom line.
You might also like: