Do you have the qualifications for the job? That's what an employer wants to know. The sooner he finds that info on your resume, the better. One way to get your point across quickly is to write a statement in your Summary section about your qualifications.
Here are tips for coming up with good Summary statements about your job qualifications:
- Read the job posting carefully to see what the job qualifications and requirements are.
- Use your previous job descriptions as a checklist to be sure all relevant job qualifications are on your resume. By "relevant" I mean those that support your current job objective.
46 Examples of Resume Summary Statements About Job Qualifications
Each of the following sample Summary statements talk about the job seeker's job qualifications. Each statement is from a different resume.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- More than six years of senior software engineering experience, with strong analytical skills and a broad range of computer expertise.
- Specialist in the development of microprocessor-based firmware and software for hardware processes/hardware control in real-time, embedded environments.
- More than 10 years' experience as a technical instructor. Skills include:
Individual and Group Training
- Exemplary problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and implement corrective processes.
- Computer skills include: MS Project, Excel, Word; AutoPlan; Applix Word, Graphics, Spreadsheet; Powerpoint, FrameMaker, Lotus Notes, NetObjects Fusion, Dreamweaver and SAP (MM, SD), SunOS. Familiar with HTML and SQL database queries.
- Knowledgeable in project management tools, processes and techniques.
- Established reputation for story selection and editing skills that produce an enterprising balance of news, features and graphic presentation.
- Skilled at presenting technical and abstract concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Proficient in MS Word, QuarkXpress, and Excel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Skilled in cultivating positive relationships with clients and colleagues; particularly adept at communicating with clarity and diplomacy to individuals from diverse cultural and organizational backgrounds. Fluent in French, conversational in Italian.
- A skilled communicator; able to synthesize and deliver complex information to diverse audiences.
- APICS certification expected December 20xx.
- Skilled researcher and administrator; hold MA Degree in Economics and an MBA Degree.
- Strong leadership skills; able to prioritize, delegate tasks, and make sound decisions quickly while maintaining a focus on the bottom line.
- Analytical problem solver; able to assess the requirements of growing technology companies and assist senior executives with the private equity investment process.
- In-depth knowledge of financial and valuation modeling to develop trend analysis across multiple industries.
- Exceptionally quick ability to identify, focus, and execute pivotal priorities.
- Exceptional negotiation, diplomacy and team-building skills.
- Experienced in RBOC/ILEC, CLEC, IXC, CPE, and international markets.
- Premium investment analysis, business strategy, and operations talent.
- Highly skilled in locating and recruiting candidates who are "industry superstars" and leading teams to become world-class sales organizations.
- Strong skills in marketing, analysis, negotiation, writing, and planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Netscape and Internet Explorer; SPSS for Windows; basic HTML coding.
- Skilled in building positive relationships and negotiating equitable agreements between employees and management.
- Experienced with a number of college/university database systems.
- Proven experience in network/hardware/operating system troubleshooting, PC assembly, system integration, technical support, biometric scanners, and customer service help desk.
- Experience in organizational diagnosis and the design and facilitation of large-scale events and staff development activities.
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Proficient in SGI:
Alias Power Animator with all advanced modules
Macintosh: MacroModel, StradaVision, Sketch, Illustrator, and FreeHand
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Skilled in persuasive sales techniques; able to convey information with creativity and sincerity, consistently winning new business.
- Computer skills include MS Word, Excel and Internet applications.
- Broad experience in collaborative and independent PC research and evaluation, including interviewing and surveying, building and upgrading, testing, writing and editing.
- Skilled in evaluating current and future technologies and leading purchase planning to support both short and long-term IT initiatives.
- Skilled in strategic planning and implementation; able to prioritize effectively, multi-task and achieve objectives within time and budget.
- MBA and MS, Engineering (South American equivalents).
- Skilled in building and maintaining excellent relationships with senior managers, team members and customers alike.
- Adept at budgeting, forecasting, supplier negotiations, financial integration of acquired companies, and cost accounting.
- Innovator in Email Marketing and ASP software.
- Skilled in developing marketing strategies that increase participation and revenue.
- Skilled researcher, writer, editor and proofreader.