Susan Ireland apprenticed under the late resume writer Yana Parker (author of The Damn Good Resume Guide) in 1988. She then trained others who became members of her resume team.
Susan has authored an online resume and cover letter builder and four books on resume writing, cover letter writing, and job searching. She has appeared on radio, TV, and the Internet to discuss effective job search tools.
Susan and her team are available as professional resume writers, job search counselors, lecturers, and workshop presenters. For details, please email or call (510-524-5238) Susan.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Author of four job search books, three software packages, and an instructional video.
- Developed a professional resume team, which has served 1000s of clients since 1989.
- Trained by Yana Parker, author of The Damn Good Resume Guide.
- Featured on TV and in major publications.
1989-pres., Resume Professional and Author, Berkeley, CA
Publications / Media
- Authored four books (Alpha Books):
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Resume, 1996, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2010
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Cover Letter, 1997
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cool Jobs for Teens, 2001
- Get a Better Job The Lazy Way, 1999
- Built Susan Ireland's Ready-Made Resumes, an interactive resume and cover letter website, which is licensed to individual job seekers, career centers, libraries, schools, and job search agencies.
- Created Resumes That Work Deluxe, a CD-ROM featuring interactive resume, cover letter, interview, and salary negotiation coaching. (Macmillan Digital, 1997)
- Developed E-Resumes, a 30-minute instructional video on how to prepare a resume for emailing and posting online. (Atomic Productions, 1999)
- Former editor of Yana Parker's Resume Pro Newsletter for career-development professionals.
- Co-presented the AARP webinar "Refresh Your Resume" in June 2010.
- Moderator and discussion leader for LinkedIn's largest JOBS Group: Job Openings, Job Leads, Job Connections, with more than 300,000 members.
- Featured in segments of "Career Advantage," a 26-part telecourse distributed by PBS and syndicated to colleges nationwide.
- Interviewed for national and regional TV, radio, and print media.
- Worked individually with clients to create more than 1,000 resumes for diverse careers and levels of employment.
- Presented 100s of resume writing workshops and lectures at universities, professional conferences, corporations, and career centers.
- Developed a certification program for professional resume writers; managed a national resume writing service.
- Led train-the-trainer resume workshops for One-Stop Centers and at Yana Parker's all-day seminars.
Graduate, Yana Parker's Resume Writing Program
Liberal Arts, Antioch College
Yellow Springs, Ohio